Welcome to BSL Online!
(British Sign Language)
I am excited to deliver to you BSL (British Sign Language) Online. This means you can learn BSL whenever it suits you in the comfort of your home or workplace & anywhere with good internet connection.
In this course you will (learning outcomes):
- Learn more BSL vocabulary & BSL sentences or phrases
- Learn about BSL grammar & sign structures
- Practise more how to communicate with deaf people in BSL without voice
- Increase your appreciation for BSL & develop practical BSL skills
- Access genuine BSL with a deaf teacher
- Learn through fun and informal online video tutorials & a student handbook
- Receive a solid introduction before committing to accredited courses
This online course is for people who:
- Want to be introduced to BSL (British Sign Language) and Deaf Culture
- Want to attend classes online in their home or workplace & study at their own pace
- Are managers, employers, teachers, health professionals, friends & colleagues of deaf or hard-of-hearing people
- Are interested in working with deaf or hard-of-hearing people
- Want to form new friendships with deaf sign language users
For more information or questions please email me.
- Sally Ann, Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Erika Nelson
- Rhyss Clarke, Hairstylist
My name is Lisa Mills & I am your online tutor. I am a registered school teacher (early childhood, special education, primary & secondary) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Visual Arts & Drama; & a Graduate Diploma in Education.
I am bilingual in spoken English & BSL (British Sign Language) / Auslan (Australian Sign Language).
Deaf since birth, it wasn’t until my teenage years that I learnt to sign. It was the best thing I ever did as it enabled me to discover my deaf identity & learn ways to be proud of my deafness.
I have published a beautiful hardcover deaf awareness book 'Look at Me: Deaf Awareness' & a sign singing DVD for children called 'Sing & Sign with Lisa'. Both are popular resources! These are both available in my online store.
I am also married to a wonderful deaf man from England & we have two gorgeous hearing children 4y.o & 2y.o. Both children are growing up to be bilingual in sign language & English. In fact, both are said to be demonstrating very high communication, language & vocabulary skills for their age - thanks to sign language!
Sign language is a beautiful language & has opened many doors for my family & I. And, I anticipate that learning sign language will open new doors for you too.
Sign Language: Auslan and BSL
To view my style of teaching for my Auslan / BSL video tutorials please click on this youtube link. This video clip is number 1 on Google rankings for Auslan fingerspelling. It has many views, likes & comments. Please note this is an Auslan fingerspelling video tutorial. However, if you are here to learn BSL Online, you too can benefit from this video because Auslan & BSL fingerspelling are the same. Do take a look!
I am also a trained yoga teacher with over 500hrs of training in Level 1 (200hrs) & Level 2 (300hrs) Yoga Alliance accredited courses. This training was predominantly in Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Iyengar & Hatha Yoga as well as Yoga Anatomy, Pranayama, Meditation & Ayurveda. In addition to this training I have completed Level 1 & 2 teacher training in Children's Yoga, Special Yoga (for children with disabilities) & Prenatal Yoga.
I trust that you will enjoy learning online with me. I take great pride in my training courses & like to deliver the best I can give. This website is a fantastic place to do online training with me and it is very user-friendly.
If you are in Australia, I am also available for special request group bookings. I have delivered many onsite training workshops for community, education & corporate groups. For more information about my face to face training workshops & retreats please visit my website www.honeybee-creations.com
- Lizzie Adams
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you keep unlimited* access to the content so you can watch and re-watch the videos as many times as you'd like.
*Unlimited for as long as it’s hosted on our current online learning platform (and we’re not going away any time soon!)
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
- Angela Curror, Blogger and Artist (Photography and Mixed Media)